Hacking backpack - Introduction

It's important for a hacker to be able to move, even more if (s)he is a pentester. Since the last DefCon I've been wondering what should a hacker carry in its backpack if there was the need to hack from an undefined place (and maybe Mr. Robot might have played a role in my decision to start these series of 'Hacking backpack').

This backpack should have a series of characteristics such as being mobile, light, complete and precise.
Mobile because it shouldn't matter whether I was hacking from a car, boat or the highest room in the entire city.
Light as I don't want to exhaust myself carrying 22 pounds or 10 kg of material.
Even then, it should be a complete with all the features and tools I need and precise to attack a wide variety of vulnerabilities without mattering their nature.

I will split this series in an undefined number of parts, because I may add materials, remove or substitute in order to achieve my four goals.
I have, however, a few ideas of what might be needed to pack 2 hack.

Current materials:
  • Rubber ducky
  • Pineapple
  • Small laptop with Kali
  • Lockpicks
  • Cheap USBs
  • USB keylogger
  • Smartphone with NetHunter
  • RFID thief
These materials may or may not occupy one or more posts, but I'll try to buy them or DIY them, just to try and add more leetness to it.

See you in the next part!

Comments

Popular Posts